Obtain civil and family court transcripts from Ubiqus
Ubiqus – Harry Counsell is a member of the Tape Transcription Panel (TTP)
TTP members are authorised by the Ministry of Justice to transcribe High Court and County Court hearings in England and Wales.
To request a transcript of a Civil hearing, please follow the following steps:
1. EX107 form
The EX107 is the official form you need to fill out to have your request processed.
Please download the EX107 form here and complete the relevant details.
Once downloaded, please save the form to your computer and open it again to be able to fill it out.
2. Send the EX107 form
You need to send the EX107 to the following:
- One to the court where your hearing took place. To find a suitable email address, you can use https://courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk/
- One to the official transcription company i.e. to the Ubiqus Legal team: email@example.com.
3. Get the audio of the hearing from the court and an estimate from Ubiqus
Thanks to the information provided in the form, the court will provide us with the audio file of the hearing. In our experience, some courts are more responsive in sending the audio back, some others aren’t. As part of our service, we will gladly chase the court for the audio if it is not provided within a reasonable timeframe. Ubiqus cannot be held responsible for a slow response from the court. It often helps to have the client chasing the audio as well.
Once we have received the audio, we will be able to prepare an estimate for providing the transcript request.
4. Confirm the job in writing
Upon written approval of our estimate, we will start work on transcribing the hearing.
How we help our clients
The dedicated legal team will help our clients obtain their civil transcripts promptly by:
- We will chase the courts on a weekly basis to try and obtain the audio as soon as possible.
- We will chase judgments for approval.
- We do all of this for no extra charge.
We offer 24-hour, 48-hour and standard 5-day turnaround times.
We understand the importance of delivering transcripts quickly to meet urgent litigation deadlines.
The turnaround time starts from when we receive the audio from the court.
Please note that in the case of judgments, the court must approve the transcript before we are able to release it to our client. We aim to amend and release the approved version on the day of receipt from the court.
To discuss your requests in more detail, please contact a member of the Ubiqus Legal team on 0207 759 2695.