Ubiqus is currently recruiting an Administrator for our Transcription Department.
Ubiqus is an international transcription and language services provider, headquartered in Paris, with offices across Europe, Canada and the US. The Group’s primary service offering is the production of legal transcripts and intelligent summary documents of meetings, conferences and events. We are one of the UK’s leading language services providers, offering live interpretation for multilingual meetings and events, translation services, audience response systems, and conference badge solutions.
We are seeking a motivated individual with excellent customer service skills to join our team on a permanent basis. This individual must have:
- strong attention to detail, organisational and relationship skills;
- be able to manage multiple requests simultaneously;
- take a proactive approach to problem solving;
- and be able to work calmly and efficiently in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment.
This person will be responsible for managing transcription requests via telephone and email; therefore excellent communication skills are crucial to the role.
In 2016, over 3,500 orders were managed, and the role is highly dependent on strong data-entry skills and a quick response rate.
Previous experience of working in a legal/regulatory administrative role is beneficial but not essential.
- Dealing with transcription and client enquiries via telephone and/or email;
- Processing very high volumes of orders;
- Managing invoicing procedures;
- Entering accurate and complete data into our CRM system;
- Continually updating and managing the Ubiqus database.
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Good telephone manner;
- Be highly responsive and take a proactive approach to problem solving;
- A Levels or equivalent;
- Fluent English (written and spoken);
- Demonstrable experience of database management;
- Excellent IT skills – Microsoft Excel essential;
- Strong analytical and reporting skills;
- Demonstrable ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Strong numeracy skills;
- Show the ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision while providing support where necessary in a team environment
- Excellent time management and organisational skills;
- Punctuality and reliability;
- Self-discipline, enthusiasm and high energy, with a results-orientated outlook.
- 24 days holiday entitlement;
- Training and development opportunities;
- Employer Pension Scheme (after qualifying period);
- Optional medical scheme (after qualifying period)
- 40 hours per week (office hours are 09:00 – 18:00)
- Based at our main office in central London (SE1)
- Salary: Basic £18k to 22k depending on experience.
Ubiqus is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested, please send your applications to your would-be manager Julia Guest at email@example.com